Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spring Training!

While the sports media makes a fool of itself reporting on Mr. Rodriguez' (the third place New York Yankees third baseman) steroid use from six years ago, most Americans are not caring about that (because their Home Run King is still Hank Aaron anyway, and so who cares about one player, let alone one Yankee?) and anxiously awaiting the yearly renaissance that is Spring Training. The most anxious in any situation is always me and my fellow Phillies fans! I can't wait for the physical and intangible beauties that baseball brings to me. The scope of America on an axis of space AND time, everywhere and always, opens up in front of my eyes. Narrowing in, I see some early attendees in Clearwater! Photos of a pretty healthy-lookin' hip on our very relevant second baseman, our NLCS/World Series MVP lefty, and our rotund and proven manager courtesy of www.philly.com and the Inquirer. And I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that mugsnjugs.com sign and http://www.thefightins.com for doing a great job. HUSTLE!




No comments: