Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Performance of the Day 2/25/09 - OTIS!!

Live from the September 16, 1966 airing of England's "Ready, Steady, Go!" program. This is hands down one of the best performances I've ever seen, and I've seen Plow United! If we hang out, I've prolly made you watch this before, but if not check it out and just try not to groove. As if Otis wasn't enough, the band on this show is number one, man. They make the Stones look like shit! Otis is accompanied by the white boy soul of Eric Burdon and some dude named Chris Farlowe. While Eric can hang, Otis is the best there ever was and my hero! Best version of all these numbers, right here.
"Satisfaction" and "My Girl"

Otis doin' "Respect" and the Eric B. does "Hold On, I'm Coming"

Chris F. doin' "It's a Man's World" then Otis with "Pain in My Heart"

"I Can't Turn Ya Loose" and "Shake" with Eric B. and Chris F.

No comments: