Monday, May 4, 2009

John K.'s Women

Over at www.madisonundergroundpress.com, my main dude Todd Purse posts, every work day, a one panel comic that is both hilarious and informative, and knows more about animation than I do by ten times over, but, as in most things, we have the same taste! The main difference between our blogs is he doesn't just post things that others have done which paint a picture of his personality, steering you to believe that he is cool. I am and have always been very interested in everybody knowing that I am very cool, while Todd simply IS cool. Now, you don't just get cool by liking the right things, you have to dislike the right things too. Uh, but that's not what this is about. This is about the new greatest generation, the one born between December 29th 1979, and January 1st, 1980, and the greatest cartooner of our time, John K! In the tradition of Looney Tunes, the Flintstones, Tex Avery, etc... Ren and Stimpy hit the airwaves in 1992, just in time for me to go through puberty, and John K's women have definitely shaped what I view as attractive in a big way. Now, you may jump the gun and think first of comically oversized boobs, but that is just for kicks. It is the overall body curve, exagerated facial expressions, thick outlines, and general grotesque sexiness that does it for me. And I knew, I knew you had to be a cartoon boy to get a cartoon girl, so I went about it, and I too have curves, exagerated facial expressions, thick outlines, and grotesque sexiness, like Ken Kesey had a baby with Keith Richards and it was drawn with a Sharpie. (See, you see how cool I am?) So, these aren't "John K's Greatest Hits", you all know those already, but more of some deep cuts, as they say on FM radio. After the first two seasons of Ren and Stimpy, John K. left due to disagreements with Nickleodeon over the sex and violence necesary to make a good cartoon. In 2003, male-oriented Spike TV aired "Ren and Stimpy's Adult Party" featuring much more blatant approach. This was a dream come true for a now adultish cartoon boy, but of course it didn't last. I have no idea why...
"Naked Beach Frenzy" Part 1

"Naked Beach Frenzy" Part 2 a.k.a. "Shampoo Master" Not safe for Kids or Adults.

And some more All Ages John K. comercials.
"Sexy Sody Pop"

"Sexy Sody Pop and Jimmy the Reatarded Boy Selling Japanese Pizza"

"Spumco Nike Ad"

"Shampoo Master" is my fave for some reason. John K. has a blog called www.johnkstuff.blogspot.com and a web site at www.johnkricfalusi.net. Be cool, dig it!

No comments: